Reference No: 20190118cs Applications Closing Date: 31-Dec-2019
About this position:
Newent, Gloucestershire (office-based) - NO AGENCIES
Pillar Software Ltd. seek to employ an enthusiastic and self-motivated Application Support Analyst who has a first class work ethic.
At Pillar you will have the unique opportunity to have a direct input on all aspects of the business. With our horizontal hierarchy we thrive on working
in collaboration at all levels. As Employee-Owned we also offer a share in our collective success with an attractive annual bonus scheme.
Similar to the John Lewis model, staff are ‘members’ of the company with our Trust holding your shares in the business for you. Our Board of Trustees in
turn are tasked with securing ongoing success for the company and putting employees (your fellow owners) first. After 6 months, you will become an
‘eligible employee’, meaning you are entitled for a share in any bonus awarded by the Trust. The model is built on individual responsibility and shared
accountability which results in our shared success through collaborative working. Consistent with this you will find us very open book: all employees
can view company accounts and profit and loss at any time, for example helping staff to visualise the direct impact their work has on the bottom-line,
and that end-of-year bonus.
We are currently based in Newent, Gloucestershire with 20 years’ experience of providing professional time and costing solutions to Government departments
throughout the UK, as well as the private sector. These are the solutions you will be supporting, and full training will be given. Experience in local
government may give the right candidate an advantage but is not a pre-requisite.
We thrive on creativity and teamwork and this contributes to a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
You will need to be detail-conscious, able to work under pressure both as an individual as well as alongside team-members
collaboratively supporting and assisting each other. As an Application Support Analyst your key responsibilities will be:-
- Providing application support using Jira
- Whilst about 75% of support arrives via e-mail, you will be expected to also provide telephone support
- Training on Jira, our workflow and processes will be provided
- Application testing
- Business admin (internal support)
- Opportunities: there is potential for you to expand your responsibilities to include sales, training, consultancy, IT support and development - all
of which can be remunerated.
SALARY: circa £23.5k pa starting salary, depending on experience/portfolio and rising with productivity (min. starting £17,357, no max.
for the right, suitably-qualified or experienced candidate) + bonuses of up to £3,600pa tax free.
Normal working hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm totaling 37.5hrs a week, with a 30 minute lunch break, although this can be extended or adapted to
suit your desired use of flexi-time.
Whilst full-time 37.5hrs per week is sought, part-time, term-time only or other flexible working hours will be considered for the right candidate.
Prerequisites for this position:
This role assumes no knowledge of our applications, but demands that you have competence in MS Office skills (especially MS Excel, Word and Outlook or
equivalent), are a confident smart phone user and – ideally – have used or supported business applications before.
You will also need great communication skills: our Helpdesk has a fantastic reputation in offering support with a human touch. The right candidate will
join the Pillar support team where you will join them in being both friendly and professional as well as considerate of a clients’ business needs.
This role is ideal for someone returning to office-based work or seeking a new challenge.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:-
- Excellent communication skills especially first-class telephone manner
- Good problem solving capabilities and investigative skills
- High motivation with a desire to always do better
- That you are a first-class team player willing to collaborate at all levels
- That you have the ability to work in a team and on your own
- 6 GCSE’s including Maths and IT at grade A*/A-B, and GCSE English at grade A*/A-C or equivalent
- Suitable and demonstrable office or business experience
References will be followed-up.
These are just some of the benefits for working at Pillar:
- The potential for a tax-free Employee Ownership bonus of up to £3,600 each year
- 27 days leave per year plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to work flexi-time where you can work extra time to take that time off elsewhere (by arrangement) to suit your personal needs
- You will have a real, meaningful say in how we run our business and deliver services, as well as an opportunity to contribute to the functionality
and design of all new products and features
- Enjoy a workplace where ideas are valued and encouraged
- Employee Representatives sit on the company’s Board of Trustees giving you a voice on all strategic matters
- You will be assigned a peer who will provide pastoral guidance and help with your induction and training
- Opportunity to attend regional Employee Ownership Association network events to find out more about employee ownership and how to get more out of it
- Auto-enrolment in Workplace Pension Scheme currently operated through the People’s Pension with option for salary sacrifice currently with 3% company
- No formal dress code
- Simplicity: delivering clarity & ease of use in everything we do
- Creativity: where unshackled ideas thrive
- Collaboration: every voice matters
- Respect: always in empathy
- Be awesome!
HOW TO APPLY
Use the Contact page to send us a brief comment on your work experience, main qualifications, salary expectations and why you think you'll be ideal for
We will then let you know if you've been included on our long-list of candidates, at which point you will be invited to send us your CV.
Short-listed candidates will then proceed to the final stage which will be an on-site interview.