Reference No: 20170505cs Applications Closing Date: 31-Dec-2017
About this position:
Newent, Gloucestershire (office-based)
Pillar Software Ltd offer an exciting job opportunity for a Trainee Software Developer to join our expanding web development team.
We are an Employee-Owned company based in Newent, Gloucestershire with 20 years’ experience of providing professional time and costing solutions
to Government departments throughout the UK, as well as the private sector.
We thrive on creativity and collaboration and this contributes to friendly and very relaxed atmosphere.
These are just some of the benefits for working at Pillar:
- You will have a say in how we develop and how we run our business
- Employee Representatives sit on the company’s Board of Trustees
- The potential for a tax-free Employee Ownership bonus of up to £3,600 each year
- Your own laptop and desk
- The chance to learn alongside a variety of skilled practitioners on the job - you will be contribution to production releases as quickly as
- You will be assigned a business peer to provide pastoral guidance
- No formal dress code
- 27 days leave per year plus Bank Holidays
- The opportunity to work flexitime, working extra time to take extra time off elsewhere to suit your personal needs
- You will develop and support ASP.NET applications using VB.net and C#
- You will be involved in the design and develop Mobile Applications and API’s
- Assist the team in dealing with System and Software related issues
- Work within a team as well as on individual projects
- Assist the technical support team as part of our tiered structure
SALARY: at least £11k pa starting salary, depending on experience/portfolio and rising with productivity.
As an Employee-Owned company, staff can work to achieve bonuses of up to £3,600pa tax free.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm totally 37.5hrs a week, with a 30 minute lunch break, although this can be extended or adapted
to suit your desired use of flexitime.
Use the Contact page to e-mail a brief of experience and salary expectations and feel free to express and be able to demonstrate greater experience
to start at a higher level/grade.
Prerequisites for this position:
The type of candidate we’re looking for will have the following characteristics and qualifications:
- Highly motivated with a desire to always to better
- Strong team player who wants to have a creative influence
- Ability to work on your own and in a team
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Natural flair for computing with a deep and growing interest
- 6 GCSE Grades or equivalent, including Maths and IT at grade A-B, and GCSE English at grade A-C
Use the Contact page to e-mail a brief of experience and salary expectations and feel free to express and be able to demonstrate greater experience to
start at a higher level/grade.