Reference No: 20170505cs Applications Closing Date: 31-Dec-2017
About this position:
Newent, Gloucestershire (office-based)
Pillar Software Ltd offer an exciting job opportunity for an apprentice to join our expanding development team.
We are an Employee-Owned company based in Newent, Gloucestershire with 20 years’ experience of providing professional time and costing solutions
to Government departments throughout the UK, and the private sector.
We thrive on creativity and collaboration and this contributes to friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
These are just some of the benefits for working at Pillar:
- You will have a say in how we develop and how we run our business
- Employee Representatives sit on the company’s Board of Trustees
- The potential for a tax-free Employee Ownership bonus of up to £3,600 each year
- Your own laptop and desk
- A structured training programme management and delivered by QA
- You will be assigned two internal peers (who will be former Apprentices themselves) to help you get productive
- You will also be assigned a business peer to provide pastoral guidance
- No formal dress code
- 27 days leave per year plus Bank Holidays
- The opportunity to work flexitime
- You will develop and support ASP.NET applications using VB.net and C#
- You will be involved in the design and develop Mobile Applications and API’s
- Assist the team in dealing with System and Software related issues
- Work within a team as well as on individual projects
- Assist the technical support team as part of our tiered structure
SALARY: £11k pa starting salary rising with productivity.
As an Employee-Owned company, staff can work to achieve bonuses of up to £3,600pa tax free.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm totally 37.5hrs a week, with a 30 minute lunch break, although this can be extended or adapted
to suit your desired use of flexitime.
Recruitment for this post is managed by the training agency and provider, QA.
Prerequisites for this position:
The type of candidate we’re looking for will have the following characteristics and qualifications:
- Highly motivated with a desire to always to better
- Strong team player who wants to have a creative influence
- Ability to work on your own and in a team
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths, English and IT